Are you planning on eating what feels like the biggest meal of your life? Are your eyes bigger than your belly? Are you overindulging on cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then fear not! Go outside, be active, go for a bike ride, take a walk in the park. There’s endless possibilities to work off that turkey and stuffing. The following list are our favorite turkey day activities:
1. Go on a Turkey Trot – and even take the kids to run off some energy. The NYC Turkey Trot is a 15K/5K held annually, on November 26th this year, with awards for each age group. It’s held on Roosevelt Island and they even provide warm cinnamon buns to finishers! http://nycturkeytrot.com/
2. Try out the NYC Pilgrim Pedal which starts and ends on 23rd Street in Manhattan but is a 10-12 mile family bike ride that goes through Brooklyn and Queens! http://www.citybikecoach.com
3. See NYC lit up for the holidays on a Holiday Lights Walking Tour! Take the whole family or make it a romantic walk for two past the Rockefeller Center Tree, and past the window displays on Fifth Avenue! http://centralparksightseeing.com/New-York-Holiday-Lights-Walking-Tour
4. Go Ice Skating with the whole family at the Bryant Park Winter Village or in Central Park’s Lasker or Wollman Rinks. If you go to the Winter Village, stop off at some of the many shops that line the rink with holiday goodies. http://wintervillage.org/skate/overview
5. Go outside your area and visit the Brooklyn Holiday Bazaar, full of craft vendors, local makers, dj entertainment and sightseeing tours of the neighborhood. http://brooklynholidaybazaar.com